How to Become an Amazon Seller
Selling things online can be a daunting task to begin. It can be even more confusing to figure out where to begin when you’re looking to sell something on Amazon. Amazon is a huge website, and a huge company, with fulfillment centers all over the united states. So, have you ever considered learning how to become an Amazon Seller?
Become an FBA Seller
Selling on Amazon as an FBA seller (which means Fulfilled by Amazon) is easier than you think. What it simply means is that you send your items you wish to tell to Amazon and they put them up for sale for you, and then send them out with the same shipping speeds as anything sold directly to Amazon. And the best thing is that you get to keep about 70% your profit! Amazon handles the often arduous and difficult process of shipping the actual item to the customer. All you have to do is make sure it gets to Amazon! It costs $39 a month to be an FBA Amazon Seller, but the first month is free and once you get the hang of it, you won’t even notice the fee!
How Do You Start?
Getting Started is as easy as signing up HERE
You will need to have some sort of banking information, such as a Debit and/or Credit card. This is for them to be able to make your deposits.
Also, you will need to use your social security number, or some sort of separate EIN number to get going.
- Amazon ships for you
- Work from home
- First month is free
- Potential for high profits
- No inventory to track
- Takes a month or two to start making a profit
- A lot of competition
- You pay shipping
- Seller fees – Amazon will take about a 15% cut
- I have heard if you have a “hot item”, even Amazon will start selling it. Your offers will move down the list, and there is no way to compete with their prices or Prime shipping
Tips to Use
1. Use a barcode scanner on your smartphone to scan items in the store so you can make snap decisions on whether or not an item you’re purchasing in store will make you a profit on Amazon. This is a must have for all beginners. ScanPower Mobile is a great app for this. It will tell you what the item you’re buying in store is selling for on Amazon, and the profit you’re likely to make buy purchasing it in store.
2. Make sure to remove all barcodes and stickers from the item you’re looking to resell, then use a barcode program and printer to make your own, so Amazon knows the item is from you! ScanPower Mobile will connect with ScanPower List that will make your purchases easy to label!
3. Amazon will take care of sales tax for you as well, so you just have to file and pay. You can use a tax program that works alongside Amazon to track and pay sales tax for each state you owe, and whenever you need to file and pay the sales tax.
4. If you’re looking for items to purchase online at a discount to resell on Amazon, you can use the Amazon calculator that will tell you the same information on whether or not you’ll then a profit by reselling. Buying discounted items from online stores means you’ll be able to turn a greater profit once the sales end.
And there you have it! Becoming an Amazon Seller isn’t nearly as daunting as it seems. With a little bit of planning, you can start selling on Amazon, too.
Have you ever been a seller on Amazon? Let me hear your story!
Please leave all of your questions or comments below.
If this article has helped you, please share it by clicking one of the icons below!